I couldn't even think about starting this post until I had a nap and a big cup of coffee this morning - but no one really expects to get a great night sleep on the floor of an aquarium, right?!?
- We slept over at an aquarium! That needs no further explanation!!
- This particular aquarium is great for is a great choice for younger children. The size of the Aquarium is manageable and there are multiple opportunities to interact with the animals.
- Minimum crowd - The max number of guests is 350
- The staff members were all pleasant and helpful.
- There were multiple tour options mixed in with free time to explore. The presentations were brief and worked well for kids who wanted to explore the aquarium.
WHAT I DIDN'T LOVE
- How late we were awake: The sleeping assignments for the night were not given out until 10:30pm and lights out was not until 11:15pm. That was waaay past the kids' bedtime. We were all exhausted. On the other hand, having a building full of tired people helped everyone to fall asleep without a lot of talking.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Price: $65 per person - That includes a snack in the evening, continental breakfast and your section of rug with an incredible view.
- Parking: $ 11 per car. The parking lot is a few blocks away, but the aquarium runs a shuttle to/from parking garage. The shuttles run very often.
- The next morning: You have the option to stay at the aquarium the next day. However, you do need to remove your belongings from the aquarium before it opens. Also, you need to move your car from the overnight lot to the lot near the aquarium. You do not need to pay to park the second time.
- Age: Overnight guests have to be at least 6yo
- Sleeping areas: The sleeping assignments are determined by the aquarium staff and are given out until 10:30pm. The wake up call for all guests is 7am.
- Temperature: The temperature throughout the aquarium varies and it changes throughout the night. Bringing a few layers of clothing/blankets is helpful.
- Luggage/Gear: You are only going for one night and you have to carry your gear from the drop off, into the building and to where you are sleeping - and then back out again in the morning - pack light!